Transit Advisory Committee- TAC
The Transit Advisory Committee was created in 1991 and adopted by the City Commission on June 6, 2006. The committee shall monitor the performance of Brownsville Metro's quality statistical reports, reviews requested and proposed service, policy and procedure changes to assure that user and institutional needs have been addressed. The current By-Laws are accepted and approved by the City Commission as of November 18, 2020.
- Meets the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
- Meeting Location: (Virtual Meeting until further notice)
La Plaza at Brownsville Multimodal Terminal 755 International Blvd., 2nd Floor (Community Room) Brownsville, TX 78520
- All meetings are open to the public and include a public comment period. Your input is welcome.
- For more information, please call at 956-541-4881.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
View Most Recent Agendas
The TAC is responsible for monitoring the performance of Brownsville Metro quality statistical reports, reviewing requested and proposed services, and policy and procedure changes to assure that user and institutional needs have been addressed.
Desired membership is no more than seven members. This would also be more consistent with the number of members in the city commission.
The Transit Advisory Committee is appointed by The Brownsville City Commission.
- The committee members shall consist of the following:
- Citizens with Disabilities
- Senior Citizens
- Public Agencies
- General Community
Each member is appointed for a term of two calendar years. If a member leaves the committee before his/her two-year term has expired, the replacement appointed in his/her place will serve the remainder of the original member’s term plus a two-year term of his/her own. Members are appointed every June and December by the City Commission. (Revised Nov. 2020)
- Sandra Gomez- Chairperson
- Sylvia Berry- Vice Chairperson
- Norleen A. Valadez- Secretary
- Viola Currier- Member
- Scott Fry- Member
- Gregorio Rincones- Member
- Vacancy- Member @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>