STEP 5: Permit Issuance

  • If submitted plans are approved, the owner and/or contractor will receive a call to come into the office to pick up the Final Approved Drawing Set and pay for permit(s). Permits may only be pulled by the Owner or Contractor that is registered with the City of Brownsville.  Contractors may register by filling out the Contractor Registration Form.
  • After the Master Permit is issued, trade permits (electrical, mechanical, plumbing and irrigation) may be pulled by licensed contractor. An issued permit becomes invalid if the work on the site authorized by the permit does not commence with 180 days of issuance, or if the work on the site is incomplete due to suspension or abandonment 180 days after the work commenced.