Alcohol Related Businesses

Businesses serving or selling alcohol, "wet establishments," are required to apply with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) for issuance of state permit and the City Secretary; see City of Brownsville Application for Alcohol Sales.  If establishments do not meet the land spacing requirements for "wet" business, a Conditional Use Permit Application must be submitted to the Zoning Division.

​Reference the Wet Establishment Ordinance.