- COVID19 Link Menu
- Business Resources
SBA continues to assist small businesses with accessing federal resources, such as working capital loans and counseling, and navigating their preparedness plans through our network of 68 District Offices and numerous Resource Partners located around the country.
On Friday, Governor Abbott issued a disaster declaration for all 254 counties. SBA has been in touch with state officials to gather data for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) declaration. Once the SBA EIDL declaration is issued the SBA will begin to accept applications from small businesses in the State of Texas.
What is an Economic Injury Disaster Loan? Economic Injury Disaster Loans cover vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact. Not for potential losses. And the borrower must not have access to “credit elsewhere”.
In the meantime, if you have businesses that meet the criteria above and have been impacted please ask them to contact our office as we are helping gather impact data to submit to the state. POC is Josh Patton, Lender Relations Specialist, 956-427-8533 Ext. 225 or email to email@example.com.
For support with guidance for businesses and employers please see Small Business Guidance and response to COVID-19.
Lastly, in anticipation of a EIDL application, small business can begin gathering the information below.
FOR ALL APPLICATIONS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED.
- Loan application (SBA Form 5), completed and signed (this is electronic/online in the portal)
- Tax Information Authorization (IRS Form 4506-T), completed and signed by each applicant, each principal owning 20 percent or more of the applicant business, each general partner or managing member; and, for any owner who has more than 50 percent ownership in an affiliate business. Affiliates include, but are not limited to, business parents, subsidiaries, and/or other businesses with common ownership or management
- Complete copies, including all schedules, of the most recently filed Federal income tax returns for the applicant business; an explanation if not available
- Personal Financial Statement (SBA Form 413) completed, signed, and dated by the applicant, each principal owning 20 percent or more of the applicant business, and each general partner or managing member
- Schedule of Liabilities listing all fixed debts (SBA Form 2202 may be used) All of these forms are available in the Disaster Loan Application Portal.
The Disaster Loan Application Portal is at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
- CDC’s situation summary page for COVID-19 provides the latest updates on source, spread, response, and recommendations.
- CDC’s frequently asked questions and answers on COVID-19.
- CDC’s latest COVID-19 prevention and treatment guidance for individuals.
- CDC’s preparation for first responders, healthcare providers and health systems for the potential spread of coronavirus.
- CDC’s prevention steps for the spread of coronavirus in homes and residential communities.
- CDC’s guidance for businesses and employers to plan and respond to coronavirus.
- CDC’s information for Pregnant Women and Children.
- CDC;s information for Schools.
- FEMA provides guidance on individual household preparation for emergencies.
- Texas COVID-19 Cases
- Brownsville Cares
Quick Business Resources
- Clinical Guidance for Managing Patients
- Respiratory Parameters in Patients With COVID-19 After Using Noninvasive Ventilation in the Prone Position Outside the Intensive Care Unit
- Prolonged Persistence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in Body Fluids
- Infection Control Guidance for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Returning to Work
- Interim Clinical Guidance for Management of Patients with Confirmed Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Healthcare Professional Preparedness Checklist For Transport and Arrival of Patients With Confirmed or Possible COVID-19
- Preparing for COVID-19 in Nursing Homes
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Warns of Newly Discovered Potential Drug Interaction That May Reduce Effectiveness of a COVID-19 Treatment Authorized for Emergency Use
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Revokes Emergency Use Authorization for Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine
- Effects of Sterilization With Hydrogen Peroxide and Chlorine Dioxide on the Filtration Efficiency of N95, KN95, and Surgical Face Masks
Maternal and Child Healthcare
- Considerations for Inpatient Obstetric Healthcare Settings
- Information for Pediatric Healthcare Providers
- Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Routine Pediatric Vaccine Ordering and Administration
- COVID-19 and its impact on children’s health and wellbeing
- For Parents: Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) associated with COVID-19
- Renal dysfunction in hospitalized children with COVID-19
- For Parents: Children and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Tips to keep children healthy while school’s out
- Pediatric COVID-19 symptoms differ from those seen in adults
- 5 Steps for Disease Prevention ENG and SPAN
- CDC COVID19 Cleaning Product List
- DISINFECTION SPECIALIST TRAINING PROGRAM PPE LISTING
- Disposal Guidance for COVID-19 Rapid Testing Kits from Schools
- Hand Washing Technique Poster
- Lavado de manos poster - es
- MA 3.17.2020 Attachment
- MA 3.17.2020 Brownsville Mayor Declares Disaster in Response to COVID-19
- Stop The Spread of Germs Poster - English
- Stop The Spread of Germs Poster - Spanish