Bus Shelter Project
COB Bus Stop Improvement Project
During the budgeting process, $1.1 million was allocated from the general fund to purchase and install the bus shelters needed for the 31 bus stops.
These shelters will help improve safety, protection from the outside elements, and enhance comfort and aesthetics.
Please click on the link below to view a map of the stops and pictures of the current condition of each stop by clicking on the star icon:
Phase 1 stops :
- ·Site 1 – Alton Gloor Blvd (Outside of Walmart West Entrance)
- ·Site 2 – Alton Gloor Blvd and W. Morrison Rd
- ·Site 3 – Sam’s Club on Frontage (This site will include connecting sidewalk and ADA ramp)
- ·Site 4 – Ruben M. Torres Rd & Old Port Isabel Rd
- ·Site 5 – 4200 Boca Chica Blvd
- ·Site 6 – Alton Gloor Blvd and Stagecoach Trail
- ·Site 7 – Austin Rd and Iowa Ave.
- ·Site 8 – Paredes Line Rd and Rancho Viejo Ave.
- ·Site 9 – Paredes Line Rd at H-E-B Plus
- ·Site 10 – FM 802 at Spanish Meadows
- ·Site 11 – Old Port Isable Rd and Coveway St. (This site will include connecting sidewalk)
- ·Site 12 – Paredes Line Rd and Lake Shore Dr.
- ·Site 13 – 4524 Boca Chica Blvd.
- ·Site 14 – 1304 Central Blvd.
- ·Site 15 – Alton Gloor Blvd and Paredes Line Rd.
- ·Site 16 – 1101 Central Blvd.
- ·Site 17 – Ruben M. Torres and Grande Blvd. (This site will include connecting sidewalk)
- ·Site 18 – McAllen Rd and Honey Bee Ln.
- ·Site 19 – McDavitt Blvd and Roosevelt St.
- ·Site 20 – Ruben M. Torres Blvd at Castellano Circle.
- ·Site 21 – Ruben M Torres Blvd and Trails Head CT.
- ·Site 22 – 275 Kings Hwy (This site will include connecting sidewalk and ADA ramp)
- ·Site 23 – McAllen Rd at Heart Institute.
- ·Site 24 – Military Hwy and Calle Pluton.
- ·Site 25 – Boca Chica Blvd and Cowan Terrance
- ·Site 26 – Paredes Line Rd and Heritage Trail
- ·Site 27 – W. Elizabeth St. and Browne St.
- ·Site 28 – I69E/US77 Frontage Northbound, north of Lorenaly Dr.
- ·Site 29 – Central Blvd/BUS. 77 and Pecan St.
- ·Site 30 – Military Hwy and Ruben M. Torres Blvd.
- ·Site 31 – Morrison Rd at Las Tiendas Plaza
- ·Site 32 – 2800 Ruben Torres Blvd. (Valley Resaca Apts.)