The Brownsville Public Library Makerspace offers use of a Sawgrass SG 500 Sublimation Printer for public use. Sublimation printers allow for the transfer of designs from paper to other objects.
Sawgrass SG 500
Maximum Print Size
Prints on media up to 8.5˝ x 11˝ (22 x 36 cm), 8.5" x 51" when using the Bypass Tray
- Sublimation Paper
- Substrate or sublimation blank appropriate for sublimation. Typically, products with a polyester coating or composition.
- Suggested color for sublimation blanks: white
Design Software Available
Canva, Sawgrass Design Studio (limited usage), Silhouette Studio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator. Any software that can open an image can send a job to print on sublimation paper.
- Cost per sublimation sheet is $2.00
- Files accepted: SVG, PNG, JPEG
- Sublimation paper is one time use
- Items that are 100% cotton cannot be sublimated
- Polyester or a blend is preferred for sublimation of fabrics
- Patrons must have design ready when requesting to use the equipment (file saved in correct format)
- Makerspace waiver must be signed prior to use of equipment.
The Brownsville Public Library Makerspace, is home to innovation and creativity. It features a variety of equipment, software, and kits in a flexible, collaborative workspace.
Using Makerspace Equipment
- Makerspace equipment is available for walk-in use pending equipment and staff availability. An advance reservation is recommended.
- A library card in good standing with a signed waiver is required to make equipment reservations.
- A signed Use Agreement and Liability for Use Form acknowledging the user guidelines must be on file at before a maker is allowed use of the equipment. Forms are available at both makerspace departments.
- Makers are limited to one reservation per machine type per week (excluding the 3D printers). After a reservation has been used, if available, Makers can use a machine on a first come, first serve basis.
- Reservations may be made up to one week in advance.
- Since Makers are expected to monitor their projects at all times, only one machine may be reserved or checked out at a time.