ADA Paratransit Service
B-Metro provides a curb-to-curb service for qualified individuals with disabilities. For more details and/or qualification information, please contact Paratransit Services at 956-541-8381 or [711 or 800-735-2989] (TTY—Texas Relay).
- Request for reservations will be accepted during normal business hours on a “next day” basis (not 24 hours in advance) all days prior to days of service.
- Schedules are subject to change without notice. B-Metro makes every effort to adhere to published schedules but bear no liability in failure to do so.
To be eligible to use the ADA Paratransit Service, individuals must apply for a determination of eligibility. Individuals must meet at least one of the following three eligibility criteria, whether permanently or for a limited period of time:
- Unable to board, ride or disembark independently from any readily accessible vehicle on the regular fixed route system.
- Unable to access existing accessible fixed route transportation because that transportation is not available at the needed time on that route.
- Unable to get to pick up and drop off locations of regular fixed route system.
Individuals interested in using the ADA Paratransit Service must submit a completed application to the City of Brownsville Metro department. A written determination of eligibility will be made within 21 days following the application submission. If a decision on eligibility is not made within 21 days, the applicant is considered "conditionally eligible" and may use the ADA Paratransit Service starting on the 22nd day until a final determination is made.
Download an ADA application and the City of Brownsville (COB) Metro ADA Policies and Procedures in the Important Documents section on the right hand column.
You may also call us at 956-541-4881 for more information or to request an application.
Complaints, Commendations, & Reasonable Modification Requests
B-Metro is committed to providing you with safe and reliable transportation services.
Please provide us with a suggestion, compliment, complaint, commendation, or ADA reasonable modification in person or mail - La Plaza Multimodal 755 International Blvd., Brownsville, Texas 78520; or by phone - Customer Service 956-548-6050 or Information Desk 956-541-4881; or by email - Ms. Ester Balli, Administrative Specialist at email@example.com
B-Metro's Administrative Specialist will be responsible for dealing with complaints, commendations and reasonable modification request. Suggestions and compliments may be given to any member of the B-Metro Staff.
- All complaints, commendations, and reasonable
modifications requests should be accompanied
with the following information:
- Name, address and phone number (or person may remain anonymous).
- The date and time of the incident.
- Vehicle number (if applicable) and the dispatcher or driver name.
- Description of the complaint, commendation, or suggestion; and please, provide us with much information as possible.
B-Metro does respond to a rider’s need for reasonable modification even if the rider did not specifically use the term “reasonable modification” in their request for service. B-Metro Operating Personnel can make reasonable modification determinations at the time of request.
B-Metro will deny any reasonable modification request if it is determined that granting the request will:
- Fundamentally alter the nature of the B Metro’s transit service
- Create a direct threat to the health or safety of others
- Create an undue financial or administrative burden for B Metro
- Services or programs can be used without the request for modification
B-Metro staff will not be allowed to learn the identity of any person giving a complaint.
Patrons will not be allowed to learn what actions, if any, are taken against B-Metro employees as a result of a commendation or complaint.
Should a request be denied, B-Metro will to the maximum extent possible, take any other actions to ensure that the individual with a disability receives the services.
B-Metro will keep a log of all complaints of noncompliance with federal ADA regulations it receives on file for at least five (5) years.
B-Metro will do its best to provide the requested alternative format within a reasonable time.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the City of Brownsville-Brownsville Metro (B-Metro) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, disability, age, or natural origin.