1. When will the library re-open?
The library is now open for Curbside Service, Monday - Friday, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more details, see our official Curbside announcement video on Facebook.
2. Where can we find updates on library services?
You can visit the library’s official website and social media sites.
3. Can I return my library items?
Yes, book drops are now open at both libraries to return items.
4. What if I have a fine?
At this time we can take credit card payments over the phone.
5. My library card is about to expire. How can I renew it?
All library cards will remain active during Curbside Service.
6. Can I place items on hold?
Yes, through our search catalog. For assistance, please refer to our instructional video on Facebook.
7. What will happen to my meeting room reservations?
Please contact us by email to begin the refund process. You may also request credit on your account for the cost of the reservation.
8. Can interlibrary loan requests be made?
Interlibrary loan requests will be postponed until further notice.
9. What online resources are available?
Our main online resources are as follows: Axis 360, rbdigital, Tutor.com, Universal Class, Newspaper Archives, Mango Languages, and Knowledge City. For more online resources, please visit our website at www.bpl.us.
10. Can I get a library card online?
You can apply for the card online and after 24 hours the your OBR# will activate and you will be able to access our eBooks and audio books through Axis 360. Your ORB# will not allow you to check-out through Curbside Service. You can obtain a physical library card when we re-open.
11. What if I forget my pin number?
The default PIN number for your card is the last four numbers of the library card unless you have set it otherwise or you have a ORB#. If you need to reset your pin Please call (956)548-1055.
12. Where are we able to donate materials?
The library will not be taking donations until further notice.
13. Do I disregard notifications from BPL Public?
All notifications regarding due dates and fines can be addressed when the library reopens.
14. Can I still print wirelessly?
Yes, using the PrinterOn app. If you need assistance, please refer to our instructional video on Facebook.
15. When will library programming start up again?
Virtual programming is ongoing on our official Facebook page.
16. Can I still complete community service hours at the library?
All community and volunteer service programs with the library are suspended until further notice.
17. What number do I call for issues with online services?
Some of our online services provide support lines. Please refer to the respective app or web site for assistance.