It looks like Halloween in Brownsville and the Rio Grande Valley will have a chilling twist this year with a strong cold front moving in.
A strong cold front is expected to move through the area starting on Monday, October 30, 2023. This front will bring colder temperatures to the region.
Early predictions suggest that temperatures will be in the 50s on both Monday and Tuesday, with north winds at 15 to 25 mph. This means it will be quite chilly, especially compared to the hot weekend preceding Halloween.
According to the National Weather Service in Brownsville/Rio Grande Valley, the high temperatures for Monday will occur early in the morning, and then they will gradually drop throughout the day. This trend is expected to continue through Wednesday morning.
Before the cold front arrives, the Valley will experience a hot weekend, with temperatures in the upper 80s to mid-90s.
There's a 60% chance of rain on Monday and a 40% chance of rain on Tuesday, which is Halloween Day. Additionally, on Halloween Night, there's a 30% chance of drizzle. So, it's a good idea to be prepared for wet conditions if you plan to go out or take your children trick-or-treating on Halloween.
Given the colder temperatures and the potential for rain, residents should dress warmly and have appropriate rain gear ready if they plan to celebrate Halloween outdoors in Brownsville and the Rio Grande Valley. This way, they can still have a fun and safe Halloween despite the weather challenges.