July is only halfway through, but there is still time to play! Take the NRPA Play Challenge!
During Park and Recreation Month, NRPA is challenging everyone to get their play on with their local parks and recreation. Whether it’s summer camp, an adult sports league, exploring a trail, Zumba class, meeting friends on the playground, playing cards in the park, or discovering nature — parks and play go hand in hand.
#NRPAPlayChallenge Photo Contest
This July, we want you to discover the power of play and adventure. To see how you “Get Your Play On”, we are challenging you to take #NRPAPlayChallenge every week this July. Head out to your nearest park or recreation center and show us how parks and play go hand in hand!
Each week has a different photo theme. You’ll be able to submit your photo via this page, Facebook or by sharing the photo on Twitter and Instagram with #NRPAPlayChallenge and #PlayOnJuly.
You can share a photo of a park that's received federal funding and tag your senators or representatives; you can ask your representatives to support H.Res. 406, which designates July as Park and Rec Month; or you can simply share why you love your parks and tag any local and federal officials who should know about it!
How to Enter
- Take a photo in your local or park or recreation area — make sure it follows the weekly theme.
- Submit it via this page, Facebook, or by uploading to Twitter or Instagram with #NRPAPlayChallenge and #PlayOnJuly.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of esteemed judges. The photo that best demonstrates the theme will be dubbed the winner! NRPA will reach out to award the prize. Winners will be chosen July 10, 17, 24 and 31.
Please note, Park and Recreation Month is a family-friendly activity. Please no distasteful or vulgar photos. Photos are subject to review before posting to the gallery. Users may enter more than one photo per week into the contest, however, each entry submitted must be substantially different than all subsequent entries. Winners will be chose by a panel of esteemed judges. If a user is chosen as a winner, they are not eligible for future weekly prizes. Please refer to Official Rules for details on the contest and claiming prizes. Winners will be contacted via email or a direct message from NRPA on Instagram or Twitter and must accept the prize within 24 hours.
Incorporate the #NRPAPlayChallenge Contest into Your Activities
- With parental permission if needed, take photos with your summer camp participants for each week’s theme.
- Use social media to challenge your community members to complete the weekly theme in your own park and recreation facilities.
- Set up photo stations in your park and recreation facilities related to each week’s theme. Include the hashtags #NRPAPlayChallenge and #PlayOnJuly!