1. Scan the pet to verify whether he or she has a microchip that has been previously implanted.
2. Scan the microchip to determine that it is functional, and that the ID code matches the accompanying barcode labels.
3. Implant the microchip, then rescan the pet to verify that the microchip can be localized.
4. If your pet ever gets lost or stolen, shelters and veterinarians can scan the pet for a microchip and retrieve any owner information from the database.
5. Once owner’s information is retrieved the pet is returned safely home.